My name is Stephanie Heintzeler and I am a German educated midwife, acupuncturist and US-educated doula. I was born in New York City but raised in Germany, where I found my enthusiasm for midwifery already when I was 12 years old- thanks to my brother who was born then. I successfully finished my midwifery-exam in 2000 in the Black Forest of Germany. While I was working in Frankfurt I started to get interested in TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) so I continued my education in Acupuncture and finished my exams in 2003.
I moved back to my birth town in 2003. My book "New Yorker Geschichten" ("New York Stories") got published and I started my own Doula business after I had certified with DONA in 2006. In 2010 I founded Preggie LLC in Germany that imports Preggie Pops (www.preggiepops.de) from the US.
In 2014 I became a Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC).
Besides my midwifery and doula-work I am a dedicated NY Cares volunteer, sing in a choir in Greenwich Village and enjoy Yoga and running.
Fun Facts: until 2014...
- I have 1246 babies delivered as a midwife in Germany (678 baby boys and 568 baby girls, 38 water births, 7x breech babies naturally born, 21 times twins -half of them vaginally born-, 1 time triplets)
- supported 145 parents-to-be during labor and birth in New York. Those babies were born in 9 different hospitals in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- I worked with about 200 "newborn" parents in their postpartum phase
- I held childbirth classes for about 800 moms and dads to be
- attended over 240 c-sections
- "caught" 15 babies between hospital entrance and the delivery room